Keyboard Heroes TGN Content
Join Keyboard Heroes
Like us!
Community Connections

Keyboard Heroes Vid Casts on TGN.TV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Keyboard Heroes Forum Index -> KBH Podcast Disscussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kalan Dath
KalanKBH
Enlightened One (GM)

re: Post Launch Podcast Landscape

Hey Everyone! Fans, Guildies and community members..

As we fast approach Launch date and early access Sydor, Dimbo and I have been taking a good look at the podcast. We want to continue this into the post launch landscape and we need your help to do it.

We have a lot of ideas on the back burner and one BIG one but until we make sure its going to happen and until then, we are going to keep a lid on it.. (Teaser I know)

But here is where you come in.. We would like some more feedback from all of you. We want to know HONESTLY:
What you like
What you don’t like
What you want to hear or see more of from out show.

We are tough nerds we can take your constructive criticisms.

So please take a second and add your voice and input to this topic we would really appreciate it, as we mold our post launch landscape for the show.

Cheers

Kalan, Sydor and Dimbo the Mayor

I vote that you guys get rid of Kalan, he's a total n00b!

Hi, I'm English, so apologies for the rambling Hugh Grant style reply. A TLDR post for the internet based people who don't get IRL references.

I'm someone who listens to podcasts while I'm doing something else, for me it's the same as having the radio on or the t.v. in the background. What I'm looking for is friendly, interesting banter and conversation.

My convoluted path to listening to your podcast is as follows, Gamebreaker.Tv with Larry from Massively > Him plugging the Beyond the Grind podcast > That being part of the TorSyndicate podcast > and just randomly checking the other bootleg shows out. I like the interaction (cross promotion?) between the shows, I like a lot of the personalities involved and have "gotten to know" the characters that make up the community.

So my actual useful point is, for me that's great, but for people who are new listeners, who hit your show for the first time, is it confusing as to the individual personality of your show? Are your shows losing who you are in the shuffle? I don't know if this is prevalent in T.V.where you are but when a chat shows guest list is predominantly other chat show hosts, it starts to feel stale. I don't know if this is a fair comparison yet, and it's not boring me, but it's maybe something to think about going forwards. But then again, it's an MMO, it's about fostering communities, I'm just thinking from an individual podcast perspective. Especially yours, where bringing in a Brehan, a Dahaka, a Niq fundamentally changes a way a show dynamic works with their larger than life personalities.

I'm not sure what the aim was of the opening post? You need to state why you want the feedback for it to be more constructive. Do you want mass listeners fame and fortune? Do you want feedback on broadcasting skills or technical issues?

If you're happy with each podcast, don't change it. Anything like this is personality driven, so as I like your personalities, I'll continue to listen as long as you're talking about an interest of mine.

So I've made two points in 5 paragraphs, not bad for a Brit. Enjoy the show, will be listening while leveling Happy
Sere_Sector
Keyboard Hero

*excuse format*

like: theory crafting (builds, WZ/FP strats etc), random chatter/derailments, traumatic basement references, E-sports, fact checking, organic flow and interactions of the hosts & guests, talking shit, rampant speculation

don’t like: going another way, not fact checking, carebears, overtly negative statements about other community niches/pods/webbies [not that there have been any really on KBH <3] (all have their place and right to be, IMO)

want more of: Oolong tea w/ ginger (brb)

....ok back~ more: now that the game is coming out, the possibilities for things like ingame market/crafting speculations, pvp WZ team comps,and pve party comps will become more viable as chat topics.

that said: pods are entertainment to me, driven be the personalities and content contained therein. I like the space KBH has occupied so far (I also like Bosc pears...if anyone is wondering...).
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Keyboard Heroes Forum Index -> KBH Podcast Disscussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

The Fine Print